| Here are some things you can do while staying with us: |
- Relax and read in our garden.
- Spend time walking and swimming on our local beach.
- Gather Tuatua or Cockles on our beach.
- Walk out on Farewell Spit or take a tour.
- Walk all or part of the Hill Top walk past Cape Farewell to Wharariki.
- Wharariki Beach-observe tame baby seals and the stunning scenery.
- The Bush Walk at The Innlet takes one hour. Great views from Separation Pt. to Farewell Spit.
- Explore the rugged terrain on good recently opened old tracks in the Aorere Goldfields
-Moonlight Flat, Druggan's Dam, Aorere Caves.
- Spend a day caving, swimming and walking in the Aorere Valley
- Horse trek around the Puponga Farm Park and Wharariki.
- Kayak into the Rainforest of Whanganui Inlet. We are happy to provide information on tides etc, but no longer hire out kayaks...bring your own!
- Do part of the Kaituna track and walk up Knuckle Hill.
- Drive down to the Anatori River for a picnic.
- Visit the northern end of the Abel Tasman National Park
and walk out to Separation Point.
- Try our local Restaurants.
We look forward to seeing you enjoy lots of these rewarding activities.
There are of course more challenging things to do for the fit and for those with more time. Why not plan a really good work out by walking the Heaphy Track to Karamea, resting a few days and then returning to Golden Bay by the Leslie/Karamea track and Tablelands. Or head up to Boulder Lake and Adelaide Tarn. The alpine tramping in our area is unsurpassed and very under used.
Jonathan has good experience in these mountain track and off track routes, and loves looking at maps with you.