Here are some things you can do while
staying with us:
- Relax and
read in our garden.
- Spend time walking and swimming on our local beach.
- Gather Tuatua or Cockles on our beach.
- Walk out on Farewell Spit or take a tour.
- Walk all or part of the Hill Top walk past Cape
Farewell to Wharariki.
- Wharariki Beach-observe tame baby seals and the
- The Bush Walk at The Innlet takes one hour. Great
views from Separation Pt. to Farewell Spit.
- Explore the rugged terrain on good recently opened
old tracks in the Aorere Goldfields
-Moonlight Flat, Druggan's Dam, Aorere Caves.
- Spend a day caving, swimming and walking in the
- Horse trek around the Puponga Farm Park and
- Kayak into the Rainforest of Whanganui Inlet. We
are happy to provide information on tides etc, but no longer hire out
kayaks...bring your own!
- Do part of the Kaituna track and walk up Knuckle
- Drive down to the Anatori River for a picnic.
- Visit the northern end of the Abel Tasman National
and walk out to Separation Point.
- Try our local Restaurants.
We look forward to seeing you enjoy lots of these rewarding activities.
There are of course more challenging things to do for the fit and for
those with more time. Why not plan a really good work out by walking
the Heaphy Track to Karamea,
resting a few days and then returning to Golden Bay by the
Leslie/Karamea track and Tablelands. Or head up to Boulder Lake and
Adelaide Tarn. The alpine tramping in our area is unsurpassed and very
Jonathan has good experience in these mountain track and off track
routes, and loves looking at maps with you.